Shalom Street Museum is a unique, interactive experience in an exciting 4,500 square-foot facility. Our exhibits are designed to inspire a sense of wonder and exhilaration for children of all ages through Jewish experiences and experiential learning.
Across the Board: From Dreidel to Xbox
The Toys and Games of the Jewish People
- Play classic computer games like Pac Man, as well as experience the incredible graphics of the new Xbox 1. You can build your own Jewish Superhero; explore the Jewish holidays and discover that they are primarily based on play theories.
- Using the on-line game – Minecraft – help us build an incredible model of ancient Jerusalem.
- Be a Maccabi and play Dreidel in the ancient caves of Israel.
- Become your own superhero and take your picture with Superman, Catwoman, Spiderman and more.
- Delve into our Jewish toymakers hall of fame and our exhibit of classic toys created by members of the Jewish community.
- Come see our classic comic book exhibit display highlighting superheroes that were created by Jewish authors and artists.
- Discover the world of Jewish life in North Carolina, by interacting with our amazing doll house. This exhibit tells the story of a 19th century Jewish family.
Passport to Israel 2013-2014
From 2013 to April 2014 we celebrated Israel’s 65th birthday
and we were able to visit all our favorite Israeli cities and sites:
- Stop at the Kotel and leave a prayer
- Dig for ancient treasure in our archeological excavation
- Stroll along the colorful streets of Tel Aviv
- Sample favorite Israeli foods
- See exotic treasures in a shuk, and much more!
Shomrei Adamah 2012-2013
- Visit an incredible underwater world and coral reef
- Sit under the stars and see amazing images of Earth
- Explore hydroponic planting
- Learn about conservation in Israel
- Experience our interactive wind tunnel
- Fire! Explore the Burning Bush, Shabbat and holiday candles, the Ner Tamid (Eternal Light) and more
Tales of our Tribes 2011-2011-2012
An exhibit to learn, explore and interact with the 12 tribes
- Learn where the tribes were located
- Learn the names of the tribes and what they stood for
- Trade cloths and spices like a trader would have
- Make your own noise to bring down the walls of Jericho
- Watch Naphtali and his soldiers in our diorama
Monday – Thursday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Shalom Street Staff
Andee Liberman, Director: email@example.com | 248.432.5451
Sarah Katz, TITLE: firstname.lastname@example.org | 248.432.5543