Call For Art
Exhibit Title : "Origins"
Submission Deadline : Wednesday, November 21
Sunday, January 13 – Thursday, February 21, 2019
The Janice Charach Gallery welcomes artists of all mediums to submit entries for our upcoming exhibition, “Origins.” We are looking for new works expressing a unique perspective on the artists’ own cultural background or family history. Whether it be through technique, medium, style or storytelling, the theme of the exhibition should be evident. This exhibition will be featured in the upper gallery.
The lower gallery will feature four contemporary Chinese artists discovering their own visual perception of form and content in their works. Each artist transforms a traditional media such as colored pencil, intaglio, Chinese ink, and Chinese ink painting pigments into a new way of expression. In their works, each artist shows his or her own aesthetic view of Chinese culture, as they were each born in different time periods in China--the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Submit up to FIVE images of applicable artwork.
- File names need to be as follows: Last Name_Title_Entry number.jpg
Accepted artworks must be delivered to the Janice Charach Gallery between Tuesday, December 18 and Wednesday, December 19. If you are shipping your artwork, make sure it arrives to the gallery by December 19. Artists are responsible for shipping costs to and from the gallery. All artwork must be for sale.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EXHIBITION AND SALE
1. Title. The Artist warrants that the Artist has created, and has unencumbered title to, all art objects consigned hereunder.
2. Records. The Jewish Community Center (JCC) will keep proper records of transactions regarding the Artist’s work, and such records will be available for the Artist’s inspection during regular business hours.
3. Reproduction Rights. The Artist reserves all rights of reproduction of consigned work, provided the JCC may publish photographs of all such work for promotional and/or educational purposes as it may deem appropriate, including social media.
4. Liability. The JCC is acting solely as a representative of the Artist, and neither it nor its members will be liable for loss or damage to works of art on the premises (or exhibited elsewhere within the sole discretion and under the control of the JCC) due to fire, theft, negligence or any other cause. The JCC may at its option maintain such insurance coverage as it deems appropriate, but it shall have no obligation to do so.
5. Sales Price. Prices for art objects listed on this form shall remain as listed. Prices cannot be altered during the consignment period.
6. Commission. The JCC shall receive a commission of fifty percent (50%) of the Artist’s price for all works in the main gallery, and thirty percent (30%) of the Artist’s price for all works in the gallery shop. Artists with gallery affiliation must notify the JCC in writing so that appropriate contact with said gallery may be made and negotiation of commission percentage arranged.
7. Payment. Payment on sales shall be made to the Artist within 30 days after the end of the exhibition period.
8. Return of Art Objects. Exhibited artwork cannot be removed from the gallery for the duration of the exhibition. Art objects submitted for exhibition and sale will be picked up by the Artist within 30 days of the end of the exhibition. If art objects are not picked up within three months (90 days) of the exhibition’s end, the artwork becomes the property of the JCC.
9. Shipping. Cost of shipping artwork to and from the gallery, local or otherwise, is the sole responsibility of the Artist, unless other arrangements are made by contract and signed by both parties.
10. Binding Effect, Modification. The rights and obligations of the JCC and the Artist are binding upon and inure to the benefit of their respective heirs, representatives, successors and assigns. Any change in this agreement must be in writing and signed by all parties involved.
The Janice Charach Gallery provides a forum for the creation, exhibition and interpretation of visually oriented media. We promote works of fine art created by Jewish and non-Jewish artists, and provide unique opportunities for emerging and acknowledged artists.
Monday – Wednesday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Sunday, Noon – 4 p.m.