Five Degrees of Separation
In just five steps, we make astonishing connections between two seemingly unrelated items, ending at the best place in the world: the JCC!
(Think you can stump us? GO AHEAD AND TRY! In comments below, tell us your favorite JCC event/program/class and name any person, place or thing and we promise to get there in five!)
Today, we get from National Salsa Month to Leonard Maltin! (pictured above)
- May is National Salsa Month! Most people are familiar with the tomato-y type, but another delicious version is salsa verde.
- A main ingredient in salsa verde is parsley.
- Got bad breath? Chew on a sprig of parsley! Parsley contains chlorophyll, which can help neutralize odors.
- The king of atomic breath was Godzilla! This delightful creature would unleash its fury by opening its jaws and sending forth a radioactive heat ray emanating from inside its body!
- Film critic Leonard Maltin was portrayed in an episode of “South Park” where he fought alongside actor Sidney Poitier and singer Robert Smith against Mecha-Streisand, a Godzilla-like robot version of Barbra Streisand.
Please join us when the Lenore Marwil Detroit Jewish Film Festival hosts the terrific film critic Leonard Maltin!
8 p.m. Sunday, May (yes, National Salsa Month!) 7
Maltin will discuss whether there are limits to humor and the Jewish role in shaping Hollywood.
Followed by the film “The Last Laugh.”
For more information and tickets, visit jccdet.org/filmfest.