Administrative Assistant, 2019 JCC Maccabi Games and Artsfest
Employment period: March 1, 2019 to August 31, 2019
The JCC Maccabi Games/Artsfest Administrative Assistant, under the supervision of the JCC Maccabi Games Director, is primarily responsible for the smooth operation of the JCC Maccabi Games/Artsfest Office and all of its functions. He/She works closely with the Games Director and Assistant Games Director in making sure that all aspects of the JCC Maccabi Games/Artsfest are implemented at a very high professional manner. He/She must be well organized, personable and willing to work a variety of hours in order to make sure that the job is done right, including the supervision of interns and volunteers.
He/She should be comfortable in operating basic computer functions (word, excel, power point) in order to maintain a very high degree of organization of all of the records and administrative details necessary to implement this major program. The JCC Maccabi Games/Artsfest Administrative Assistant will work primarily Monday through Friday, including occasional evenings and Sundays as directed by the Games Director. Hours and days may change based on the need of the JCC Maccabi Games/Artsfest project.
Include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the organization of the JCC Maccabi Games/Artsfest office including registration of athletes, delegation heads, coaches, host families, volunteers, VIPs, staff and guests, as well as management of interns.
- Organize all records in the office so that they can be updated, maintained and retrieved in a quick and efficient manner.
- Make phone calls to assist in recruiting host families and volunteers while maintaining and updating the JCC Maccabi inquiry email and hotline.
- Follow up directly with all individuals necessary in order to collect and organize all information required for the program.
- Assist the Games Director and Assistant Games Director as liaison with JCC staff, committees, visiting delegations, volunteers, guests andmembers.
- Play a large role in the supervision of interns and volunteers.
- Manage mailings (both incoming and outgoing), create meeting notices, confirm meeting dates with staff and lay people, take minutes of meetings when assigned by the Games Director.
- Assist in the continuous promotion of the Games through writing articles, mailing of flyers and contacting local media when assigned by the Games Director.
- Be flexible in handling additional tasks assigned by the Games Director and Assistant Games Director as needed.
- “Hands on” staffing of the Maccabi Games Office during the week of the Games.
- Well organized
- Calm under pressure
- Computer skills – Microsoft office, word, excel, power point
- Ability to multi-taskand manage multiple projects
- Good interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the ethos of the JCC Maccabi Experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
The JCC Maccabi Games/Artsfest Administrative Assistant must be prepared to do whatever is necessary to help the Games Director and Assistant Games Director run a smooth and organized set of Games. Within the last several months of the program and during the program week itself, this will require considerable time above and beyond the normal 40-hour work week. He/She must be able to work with a wide variety of volunteers and staff; and to remain calm while working under pressure.
Candidate must be willing to work outside of regular hours including some evenings and weekends.
This is a full-time position. Salary plus benefits.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]