Responsible for recruiting, supervising and training the lifeguard team; conducting facility safety checks; and communicating staff and equipment needs to facility management.
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding and First Aid
- American Red Cross Shallow Water Attendant and First Aid (up to 4 feet)
- American Red Cross Waterfront Lifeguarding and First Aid for non-surf open-water positions o American Red Cross Waterpark Lifeguarding and First Aid for waterpark and multi-attraction facility positions
- American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer American Red Cross
- The following certifications are preferred:
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Management
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor
- Pool Operator (local, state or nationally recognized agency or organization)
Knowledge and Skills
- Thorough knowledge and application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques
- Ability to instruct, assign, supervise and evaluate lifeguards in the performance of their duties
- Understanding of facility characteristics, rules, policies and procedures
- Leadership and public relations skills
- Decision-making skills
- The ability to identify hazards and unsafe practices and to make suitable recommendations for minimizing or eliminating those hazards
- Several years or seasons of lifeguarding experience
- Several years of management experience with a knowledge of lifeguarding principles
- Ensuring the safety of the facility patrons and lifeguard team
- Supervising and training the lifeguard team
- Supervising the daily facility safety inspection
Responsible to Lifeguard Manager and Aquatics director.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send resume to [email protected]. Starting salary is $10 per hour.
No phone calls please.
The JCC is an equal opportunity employer.